Mud Season

Here in Maine or most of New England for that matter, we always seem to have a mud season. It was generally the time of year where the snow is melting, flowers may start to appear through the snow and there is mud everywhere. The loggers are generally out of work for a bit, roads are posted with weight limits until the frost leaves the ground etc... and sometimes we receive big snowstorms in the same time frame.And that is the case for today/tomorrow. Weather projections are from 6-12" of new snow tonight and into tomorrow.

The pictures below are from today from riding through some dirt roads and trails. It's an excursion this time of year, I always expect that known routes will take a longer time frame and that I will  come home wet even if  I don't fall. AND I'll also come home dirty from dirt/mud. But, I have to admit that I find it a challenge... from trying to keep the bike upright in wet/very soft snow and then you might immediately hit a section of ice. The reality is that you might just hit all of the weather conditions... winds changing directions and speed, temps changing as you can imagine will change the snow conditions as well. But all in all, I LOVE this time of year! Get out and have some fun folks...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Ride